Generally speaking, the sender and receiver see things from drastically different points of views. And from the perspective of a sender, we often do not spend time understanding who the receiver is and what their inbox might look like.
Here are few helpful tips:
– Write a meaningful subject line.
– Keep the message focused.
– Avoid attachments.
– Identify yourself clearly.
– Don’t assume privacy.
– Distinguish between formal and informal situations.
– Show Respect and Restraint.
– Try to avoid the “call me now” command.
Are there tips you can share?
Next up – tips for instant message etiquette…