Thanks to the Internet we do not have to keep office hours like days in the past – instead we are available online (Skype, Google Chat, Email), by phone and in person. Have laptop, will travel.
Working off-site tips:
– bring headphones
– bring your own extension cord
– schedule some time to be “unavailable” so you can focus without interruption
– be courteous to those around you
– if you are on site with a client and need to handle another client request, ask to work in an available meeting room (NOT in the client’s cubicle!)
– be safe! watch your belongings
– remember to set boundaries between your work and personal life (to avoid burn-out)
So if you swing by our office to find we aren’t there, rest assured it isn’t that we took a day off. Instead, we are working somewhere else – maybe with a client, with a team of freelancers, at a cafe enjoying some sunshine – but know you can always reach us.
If you need our Skype, Google Chat or Mobile contact information, please ask. You can always call our office at 773-665-2552 and leave a message. We will get right back to you!